Rebecca Relkin Rojer was born on September 19, 1987 in New York City. She grew up in Maplewood, NJ and produced her first short films and animations as a student at Columbia High School. In 2004 she was selected to participate in the William H. Cosby Future Filmmakers Workshop at NYU and the CSSSA Animation Program at CalArts.
Her last film, Beauty Machine, received an Award of Merit in the Accolade Film Competition and was selected to screen at Anthology Film Archives in New York as part of the NewFilmmakers Program. Most recently she has worked as assistant to the filmmaker Whit Stillman on the upcoming film Violet Wister’s Damsels in Distress.
Rebecca currently lives in Brooklyn. Her website is http://rrrojer.net.
- Beauty Machine, 2009, 16mm. Official Selection of NewFilmmakers Series at Anthology Film Archives (2009); Official Selection of Cinebarre Short Film PreShow (2009); Award of Merit Winner, Accolade Competition (2009).
- Pre-Apocalypse, 2008, 16mm.
- Spacegirl, 2007, hand painted cells, ink & acrylic animation.
- ShapeUp, 2006, brush/ink/digital animation. Featured in IvyGate Galleries, 2007.
- Distracted, 2004, drawn animation. Semifinalist in the Nat’l Coalition Against Censorship’s Free Speech and Democracy Film Contest (2004); Screened in Kartoon Kocktail (2005); Finalist in the New York National High School Film Festival (2005); Finalist in the Derek Freese Film Festival (2005).